Mold is disgusting. But, concern about having mold in your home goes far beyond being simply grossed out. Mold is a serious health hazard; triggering existing allergy and asthma symptoms but also causing certain kinds of respiratory issues and other diseases. All of a sudden, that leaky pipe or the ceiling that needs patching goes from a problem that you’ll ‘get to someday’ into a potential hazard for you and your family.
It’s not just limited to areas with high humidity or old buildings in need of repair. Mold is resilient, and it can grow in even the smallest area that offers favorable conditions to it. In mold’s case, that means somewhere with moisture.
Kitchens, bathrooms, crawl spaces, basements, these are all the most common kinds of places that mold can settle in your home.
Sometimes it’ll be easy to spot, other times you might not know it’s there until it’s already affecting your health. That’s why it’s so important that the moment you might suspect the presence of mold or detect any kind of water damage, the removal process begins.
Contacting a professional to take care of any potential mold problems is a fast, easy way to make sure the job gets done correctly the first time and doesn’t come back any time soon. Trained professionals know how to protect themselves from mold and not only remove the contaminated material but also correct whatever caused the mold in the first place.
If you’re worried you might have mold in your home, contact Absolute Flood Response, your local Certified Property Restoration Service professionals, immediately to assess the situation. We provide free visual mold inspection services and, in an emergency, can arrive within 60 minutes.